Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Back in 2018.




Hey, its been almost a decade since I wrote something here. Things have changed and I feel the need to write again. Surprisingly, I found back my old username and password and now I began to re-enter into this state of literature.

Black dress paired up in a bar,
Upper class district but thats not who we are.
Drinking with a friend or two,
Didnt know that I'll run into you.

All smiles, nice engages and shallow words,
Entertained,
I realized that we fit into this mental dance,
We questioned, our initial life plans,
Never thought we meet again.

Something simple, a catch up led to a few,
Similar interests kept me thinking of you.
She get me like ways like no other do.
Seriously, why was I trapped with someone I never knew.

Life in 2018 is new and breathes life into my stale air,
One a a half years, we shared, but it leads no where but hurt
Hope driven down to the dirt and neglect is where I lived.
I cried tears and the more that I give.
Numbness is what all you gave in return, I had it I leave.

She picked me up in times where I rush into things,
I love the way she shares her mind and what she thinks.
Maybe we have 40 years or maybe just these 6 months,
Damn, this is where its only begun.

...come to my senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment