Saturday, June 20, 2009

family tree...


Have you guys ever wonder who were your ancestors? Mine was traced from China ,Guangzhou. My Great Great grandfather was named Yim Tuck Long. I think it was dated around the 18th century the era of Manchuria. He was a judge like his dad( My Great Great Great Grandfather whom I don't know his name). He had servants and a big Chinese house. He led a very luxurious life before the fall of the Chinese Empire when the British came before becoming a writer which wrote letters for people who're illiterate. He had a son which is my Great grandfather , Yim Tiok. He inherited a large house which is in a Lychee orchard in GuangZhou, but was taken by the Communist in the point of Mao Tze Thong. He had 9 children. He had 2 children in Guangzhou and had the rest in Malaysia.One of his children tried to run to Hong Kong and later got killed in the war.While my Great grandfather was running away from China due to the war between the British and Chinese Communists, he had lost a child which was only a few days old. He and his wife was on the tongkang(a Chinese fishing boat) for 7 days and nights to reach here. They reached Melacca and had a life here while the war was still going on in their hometown. They had 6 children here. When their children turned 11, they took 3 of them back to China to join the army or something. And so they were separated by their parents and 3 siblings (one of them is my grandfather, Yam Cheng Wah) here in Malaysia to head back to China. After a few years later, my Great Grandfather became good cook which his speciality was Siew yok( fried Chinese pork belly) and many others. He was well known as a famous chef but he had a bad gambling problems. He was always lost and doesn't come back home for months. My grandfather was a teacher when he finished school till now. He didn't had much that time.He taught in many schools in Melacca and started dating my grandmother. Her father was a contractor in Pahang and later settled down here in Melacca. She wanted to continue schooling but was prohibited by her mother at the age of 13. She later worked at her fathers sewing shop and there she will see my grandfather cycle to work everyday. My grandfather always visit her shop just to see her. Not long later they got married and had 3 sons. They were my uncles and my dad Yam Chong Min. They lived with my great grandparents and a few other people who're sharing the house with. They were so close and somehow had a "family bond " between them. They stayed at a shop lot which was near the beach and today the house still exist. They had a large garden at the back. They had a happy life which the garden was full of pigeons , rabbits and many others. It was some sort like a mini zoo in the back of the house. When there are school holidays, my grandfather occupies his free time making kites and selling his pigeons. My dad went to Melacca Highschool which was prestigious school back then. He was involved in gangsterism but luckily bounced back from it. He was in a terrified gang in his school. He was a smart guy and went through STPM before coming to Kuala Lumpur. He met my mom who is a very naive city girl and got married. A year later they had me.....hahahahahahha and six years later my sis. The End. This is my family history and will never be apart from me.

...roots of origin

No comments:

Post a Comment